Why am I writing a blog about Z-day survival?
It seems that the zombie apocalypse is possible, but mostly because I'm not doing so well on the fitness side of the spectrum. I would like to pretend that I am training to be able to outrun or fight off a horde of hungry zoms, so that's how this is going to go.
This year had actually been going quite well on the whole getting in shape thing.
Let's recap some fitness milestones:
*March I ran my first 5k.
*I have done a handful of 5k's up to now.
*April I rode the Tour de Cure, which is a 62 mile bike ride.
*September rode 75 miles for Bike MS.
*October ran my first 10k.
From January to July I had gotten my weight all the way down to 158 from 186. Go me! I was working with a personal trainer, doing activities during the week, eating right, and overall just doing what I should be doing.
Today I am sitting at 178 pounds. What happened? I got a job as a full time teacher. The first year is very highly demanding and from August to now I have let that run my life. No time for daily workouts, cooking, or trying to do anything for me. I have decided that I have to get my life back in order.
I recently did a couple of free sessions with a local Crossfit place. It was awesome. As of today I have paid for one month of Crossfit. I also plan on trying out this paleo diet. I made the blog to track my progress and to have somewhere to write it all down. I'm not very good or fast at running, so to defeat the zombies I need to work on a bit of strength training to be able to fight them off too.
So tomorrow it begins. Good luck and Godspeed.
-TM
No comments:
Post a Comment